Entry Form & Rules
Wine Competition Rules
Deadline for entries is March 14, 2014
Wine Competition Rules
1. To qualify for entry in the San Joaquin Valley Wine Competition you must represent a commercial winery or private-label produced by a commercial or professional winemaker.
2. A wine’s category will be based upon the varietal composition and other information supplied by the producer.
3. San Joaquin Valley Wine Competition reserves the right to create or delete categories if the number of entries so warrants and also reserves the right to assign or re-assign entries to an appropriate category based on factors such as residual sugar content.
4. Wines submitted for which there is no existing category will be entered in the appropriate category.
5. The same wine may not be entered in more than one category. Wineries may, however, submit multiple entries in the same category.
6. An official entry consists of eight 375ml bottles, four 750ml bottles, or three 1.5 liter bottles of the same California wine.
7. Entries must be received by March 14, 2014. Wines received after this date may not be eligible for the Competition.
8. Entry fees are not refundable, nor transferable.
9. All wine entries become property of the San Joaquin Valley Winegrowers Association or one of its designees.
10. Wines entered into the competition will be presented to the public at the VIP Consumer Tasting Events held in Visalia and Modesto.
How to Enter
The entry form must be filled out completely and mailed to: San Joaquin Valley Wine Competition – PO Box 11128, Fresno, CA 93771
There is a $50.00 entry fee per entry. Deadline for entry is March 14, 2014. There are no restrictions on the number of wines a winery may enter. Experimental wines are permitted.
Where to Ship the Wines
Wines will be shipped to the San Joaquin Valley Wine Competition, 1625 Simpson St., Kingsburg, Calif. 93631 . Wines will be stored in a secure, temperature-controlled facility until the Competition.
Medals and Awards
The judges will award all medals and awards. Wines in each category will be considered for Gold, Silver and Bronze medals. Gold-Medal winning wines will also be eligible for Best of Show White, Best of Show Red, Best of Show Dessert, and the Grand Champion of Show Award. The decision of the judges will be final. Gold Medals unanimously so chosen will be awarded a Double Gold Medal. Winning Wines will be released to the media and public within two weeks of the competition. At the public tasting, all wines entered will be eligible for the VIP Consumer award by blind ballot. Click here to view past winners.
Judges & Judging
Unique to the San Joaquin Valley Wine Competition 2013 is the organization of the panels. We utilize an expert panel of judges, but we also provide feedback to wineries from two consumer panels representing fast-growing groups in the wine consumer market; Hispanic and Millennial, (under 32 years old), consumers. The expert panel of judges will be from all facets of the wine industry. These include esteemed winemakers, sommeliers, and wine educators. We would be pleased and honored to accept your entries into the 2014 San Joaquin Valley Wine Competition! Deadline for entry is March 14th. Click here to view the 2014 Judging Panel.